Viniflora® CH16 is a freeze-dried, direct inoculation starter culture of Oenococcus oeni. CH16 is especially appropriate for conducting fast malolactic fermentation in high alcohol red wines (up to 16% v/v) with a pH above 3.4.
- Recommended for red wines
- Direct inoculation, freeze-dried bacteria – does not require rehydration
- High numbers of active cells which ensure a quick start of fermentation
- This strain is pH tolerant to 3.4, Total SO2 to 40 ppm (red wines), temperature 62 – 77° F and alcohol to 16% (v/v)
- Low level of volatile acidity
- Cinnamoyl Esterase Negative
This packet will inoculate 66 gallons of must or wine.