Making Equipment - Starter Kit
All the Equipment Necessary to Make 5
Gallons of Wine --
Step by Step Instructions
Simple, easy to follow instructions
for making wine using Alexander's Grape Concentrate.
No experience necessary.
- 6 Gallon Plastic Pail with sealing lid. (Primary fermentation
- 5 Gallon Better Bottle (Secondary fermentation vessel)
- Fermentation Airlock. (Allows gas to escape while blocking
- Small Rubber Stopper. (Seal hole in lid with fermentation
- Large Rubber Stopper. (Seal Carboy with fermentation airlock)
- Curved Racking Tube. (Used with siphon hose below to transfer
- 5/16" x 6' Clear Vinyl Siphon Hose. (Used with racking
tube to transfer wine)
- Two (2) Stick-on Thermometers Strips. (Reads temperature
of wine in pail & carboy)
- Triple Scale Glass Hydrometer. (Measures potential
alcohol & final gravity)
- Carboy Brush.
- 30 Wine Corks (#9 x 1-3/4")
- Wine Additives: Yeast nutrient, Pectic enzyme, Acid
blend, Tannin, Campden tablets. Potassium metabisulfite.
Item #2620 Winemaking Kit
/ with one-day free* corker rental. $79.95
- *Rental Deposit Required. $15.00
Rental Value. You must be able to pick
- & return the rental corker.
- Using the deluxe Rental floor corker makes
corking easy without the expense.
- The floor corker (item #2416) is sold separately for $139.95
The Easy Hand corker is the only hand corker we recommend. This
item #2407 is sold separately for $34.95.
Return to top
Grape Juice Concentrate & Wine
Premium Wine Grape Concentrate
is made only from grapes grown in the valleys of
California. It is 100% grape juice with no
other ingredients added. Alexander's has
been in the winery business since 1935 with a large
percentage of their grapes grown in the family vineyards.
Alexander's Sun Country wine grape concentrate is sold
in 46 oz. cans. Each can makes 2.5 gallons of wine or
2 cans makes 5 gallons of wine at about 10-11% alcohol. Alcohol
can be raised to your desired level (typically 12 %) with the
addition of corn sugar. Two packages of active dry wine
yeast, listed below, are recommended per 5 gallons of wine.
With the Wine Making Equipment Kit and the items mentioned
above (wine concentrate, sugar and yeast) you will have everything
necessary to make premium wine. Choice from the following selection of Red
or White Wine Grape Concentrate.
Wine Grape Concentrate (46 oz. cans)
Red Wine Grape Concentrate (46
Red Star Wine Yeast (Dry Active)
|| Pasteur Red
||Cote Des Blanc (Epernay II)
||Premier Cuvee (Prisse de Mousse)
Corn Sugar (100% dextrose) #5282F 1
lb. corn sugar. - $1.95