- Summer Homebrew Competition
Summer Homebrew Competition
Welcome to the 2018 Summer Homebrew Competition hosted by Fermentation Solutions and Hapa's Brewing Company! In conjunction with Silicon Valley Beer Week, this competition is a great way to get our brewing community together and present their very best brews.
Entry is FREE and there are 3 categories to make beers for: Malty, Hoppy, and Specialty/Other. Winners of each category will be awarded a $50 Fermentation Solutions gift certificate and the Best of Show will have his/her beer brewed by Hapa's Brewing*. The Best of Show beer will also be made into a limited release recipe kit at Fermentation Solutions, named by the winner and will be featured by the store in various media content. Credit will be given on it's label to the winner.
Each Entry must consist of 2- 12 oz bottles dropped off at either Hapa's or Fermentation Solutions. All entries are due no later than 6pm Friday July 20th. Judging will be done by FS and Hapa's staff. Please print the attached form to register and submit with your bottle entries.
On Friday July 27, 2018, a reception will be held at Hapa's Brewing to announce winners, hand out prizes and general revelry.
- Each contestant must be 21 years or older to participate.
- Contestants must not be employee's or affiliates of Hapa's Brewing Co. or Fermentation Solutions
- Entries must be home brewed beer and not made by any commercial facility.
- Beer is defined as a carbonated alcoholic beverage with its primary ingredients being malts, hops, and yeast.
- Beer's will be judged based on their flavor, aroma, appearance, and perceived quality.
- Please submit entries without any label designs on the bottle so as not to influence judge's perception.
- This competition is not a BJCP certified event and scoresheets will not be handed out.
- By entering into this competition, individuals are giving their permission to share their recipe with Hapa's Brewing Co. and Fermentation Solutions should they be selected as the Best of Show Winner to be used as a limited release beer at Hapa's and as a recipe kit at Fermentation SOlutions without expectation of monetary compensation but will be credited as its creator.
Drop Off Info:
2507 S. Winchester Blvd.
Campbell, CA 95008
Hapa's Brewing Company
460 Lincoln Ave #90
San Jose, CA 952126